Monday, August 24, 2009

1st day of school

Today was the first day of school, the girls all had a great day!



Lexi wanted me to take a picture of her shoes, I have no idea why, but she asked so I did!
McKenzie decorated Gabrielle & Alexandria's water bottle with their names, the girls loved them!


Ian thought he was going to school too, he said "Where my backpack?"


Lexi immediately sat down at her desk and put her head down. I thought for sure she was going to cry, especially because there were about 3-4 other kids crying and the one behind Lexi was crying so hard he was sobbing. I felt so sorry for that poor little guy. But, my big girl Lexi said Bye Mommy and gave me a kiss!

I was so sad, I only got one picture of Gabrielle before she went into her class. I was the only parent there with my 1st grader, and Gabrielle said Mommy, I can go in by myself so I didn't follow her into class. I didn't want to embarrass her, but I really wanted to go in and get her situated at her desk and take a couple of pictures.
McKenzie had to leave earlier and I forgot to get a picture of her on the first day of school. I'll get some at her first football game of her cheering on the Lions on Thursday night:)

No comments: