Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Mommy & McKenzie time!

Well this is something that doesn't happen very often, Mommy & McKenzie time!!!

Jim took the 3 little kids to visit Uncle Ira and I was very upset that we all didn't go on our Family vacation. I MISS MY LITTLE ONES SO MUCH and this is only the first day they have been gone:( The night before they were leaving Gabrielle brought this blue heart shaped ring to me that she got in her treasure chest and she put it on my finger and said "when you look at it think of me" and she had a ring on her finger and held her hand up and said "when I look at my ring I'll think of you mommy". This just broke my heart and all I could do was cry. But, I'm keeping her ring on til she gets home and I always think of all of them and miss them!
Hope they are having a fun time!


But, on the flip side, I thoroughly enjoyed my evening last night with just McKenzie!!! We got to talk girly talk and we set out to get some new updated 16 year old pictures! Half way there it started raining, but I told her we are going to do it anyway even if we have to use an umbrella:)
It stopped raining for about 10 minutes (God is good) and we jumped out and got what we could. In my opinion she is so beautiful! And, I couldn't be more proud of her. McKenzie is a very strong girl, she has a heart of gold and is a great student in school, she really wants to live her life for God and I am so thankful for that. She has been talking a lot about God lately and asking lots of questions about how to hear him and do what pleases him and she has made a committment to "True Love Waits", and has asked me for a purity ring to symbolize her committment with God so I am so excited yesterday I bought her a ring! They have to size it because her finger is so tiny, so we will get it next week! Not that she needs a ring to keep her commitment, but I feel like she is a diamond to me so she deserves it! She will wear it until she gets married and then someday if she has a little girl she will pass it on to her!

My grandma use to tell me that there is something very special about McKenzie she is an angel sent from above and all I can say is she is right and Nanny would be so proud of you!

I love you so much McKenzie!













McKenzie has been asking me to go to the Melting Pot, which we had never been. So, last night she and I went out to dinner, just the two of us! It was very good, but I have to say the chocolate part was the BEST, thats all I really cared about.

No comments: