Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Scared but Counting!!!

Last June McKenzie got her learners permit!
This was her 15th Birthday!!!


Yes, she is spoiled! Daddy bought her a new car.
The count down is on for McKenzie, I think just about everyday she reminds me how much longer she has til she can drive by herself. 3 1/2 months!! I am very scared about her driving alone, but I also cannot wait until next year she can drive to her "NEW" school.


McKenzie is in a magnet program at a school that we are NOT zoned for, so with that you have to provide your own transportation to and from school. We were in a car pool with 2 other kids, at the beginning of the year until January. That was AWFUL!!!! So, now I take McKenzie and Jim picks her up when he is not working. Well, today was one of those crazy mornings. McKenzie had a meeting at school so she had to be there at 7:00 am, it takes us about 30-35 minutes to get to her school. We left at 6:28 AM and as SOON as we get in the car Gabrielle starts screaming at the top of her lungs because she dropped her apple and could not find it. She had me so crazy, I pulled over and at this point now I am yelling at her and we couldn't find the apple anywhere in the car so she cried half way to school. Then, Lexi asked to watch a movie so I thought OK, put a movie in to get them all to be quiet! Well, then Ian starts, he did NOT want the movie in and started screaming and yelling. This is the longest drive, I cannot take it!

The good thing is she will be going to a brand new school that is under construction right now but will open in the fall!!!! And, it is only a couple of miles from our house!!!! YAY

No comments: